A guide to Best Running Shoes for Supination
Running is considered one of the best physical exercise. People who do not want to engage themselves in sports with rules, find running quite appealing. The mania for running is never out because it does not require any equipment and is highly beneficial. Today, I will be reviewing the best running shoes for Supination and going over what supinatino is!
Scroll down a bit more to get to the running shoe reviews!
The only equipment required is a pair of running shoes.
A high-quality shoe is designed to provide the necessary cushioning and protection to the feet for pain-free movement. Pronation can be termed as a set of moments of feet during walking or running. While supination is a part of pronation. Be it be supination or running on the treadmill, you need the perfect pair of shoes.
Yes, this sounds easy but when it comes to picking the right pair, usually people end up making a faulty choice. Further, in the article, we have enlisted few of the best running shoes for supination!
What is supination?
Supination also termed as under pronation is a foot and leg corresponding moment wherein the foot rolls outwards. Supination is opposite of over-pronation. Natural supination occurs whilst the push-off phase of the running stride. It occurs when the forefoot and toes help to set in motion the body forward and the heel lifts off the earth.
Natural supination is acceptable but excessive supination i.e., outward rolling exerts strain on tendons and muscles that beef up the ankle. Supination can lead to ankle rolling over, developing an ankle or ligament strain or rupture. If you are planning to buy a running shoe soon and have supination as a pronation type, you should certainly choose one from the best running shoes for supination.
Symptoms of supination
Supination can cause ailments affecting the feet, knees, ankle, hip or back. Listed below are few symptoms of supination:
- Knee pain
- Hip and back pain
- Arch pain
- Heel pain
- Ankle Sprains
- Flat feet
- Corns and calluses
If one wants to avoid such problems, go for the best running shoes for supination.
Treadmill and long distance running shoes
Considering a treadmill, people tend to run faster on treadmills as compared to their running on road. You should know a thing in this regard, you can stop at once whenever you want in case of road running but the case isn’t the same with treadmills. Treadmills do not stop at once and for the same reason you need proper shoes when running on treadmills.
Shoes with superior grip and stability is preferred for treadmill running.
Soft and round laces shoes should be avoided because the round lace shoes does not stay tied up for long as compared to flat lace shoes.
The long-distance runners know the importance of a good pair. Without proper pair, you might be planning for a disaster or prolonged pain. A long-distance runner needs proper support and stability with comfort. A good pair will certainly help you achieve your set goals in long-distance running.
Why picking the right shoes is important?
Picking the right pair is a difficult task when there exists so much advertising hype. It is important to choose the right pair when you are planning to include running as a part of your lifestyle. There exist people who would pick a normal pair of rubber shoes and would start running or will wear heavy sports or basketball or football shoes for running.
And such bad selection always results in pain after running or bruises and blisters.
Here are a few reasons why the right shoes fit, and supination should not be ignored:
Avoiding blisters and pain
A reason to pick right running shoes is to avoid blisters and pain every time you run.
The fit of the shoes should be snuggly, and it should take the foot shape. The size should be perfect, not a size up or a size smaller. In case of ill-fitted shoes, the constant rubbing against the heel might cause blisters.
A good pair of shoes is also necessary for protection to the feet. The right fit shoes avoid problems like discomfort and strain.
Pronation refers to the feet moment, inward and outwards. Runners based on pronation can be classified into three categories viz., neutral, over-pronation and supination.
At stores, there are trained professionals available who can easily determine your pronation type. This would help you in picking the right pair which won’t strain your feet. For runners with under pronation, it is better to opt for the best running shoes for supination with high shock absorption to avoid discomfort during running.
A right pair is also required to fix the issue of supination. Since supination lays extra stress on tendons and ligaments, it is necessary to choose a pair which fits perfectly and is listed and reviewed as one of the best running shoes for supination.
Increase running efficiency
Researchers say that a person running with a perfectly fitted and cushioned pair of shoes uses less effort as compared to the one running with an ill-fitted pair or barefoot. High quality cushioning is provided in the running shoes because it helps the leg muscle to utilize less energy.
A proper pair of shoes is beneficial in providing sufficient support to the arch. Flat feet athletes or runners always need a shoe which provides proper arch support to ensure no damage to the arch.
7 Best running shoes for supination
Running shoes are widely available in the market but you need to choose the one which best suits your running pronation. It can be a tough task to find the pair most suitable for your feet type and running style. But it is always advised to get a nice pair before you start your running journey.
Since now you are aware of what supination is, here we are enlisting the 7 best running shoes for supination category. These shoes are versatile and are equipped with proper and extra cushioning to make sure that the moment is strain free and comfortable. You can compare them and settle for the one which suits you the best.
ASICS GEL-Kinsei® 6
ASICS take up arms against the standard design with its new GEL-Kinsei® 6 shoes. This improved model gives superior comfort with a perfect fit and the feature of durability. There exists a combination of Discreet Heel Unit and Propulsion Trusstic technology in this construction to provide a broadloom fusion with the runner’s foot.
The cushioning is with FluidRide Technology, making it lightweight for your run.
The advanced technology used in ASICS makes it one of the 7 best running shoes for supination.
- Wide shading choice is available.
- It is comfortable and luxurious.
- Padded sole available which is designed particularly for both the genders, for stun maintaining highlights.
- Cosy heel glass.
- There is an extensive toe box.
- Removable insole.
- The pricing seems to be quite high.
- It is only suitable for daily training.
New Balance Fresh Foam 1080
The latest version of New Balance 1080 comes with a pleasant foam cushioning. It is praised for providing performance and quality service and thus secures its position in best running shoes for supination. The runner gets a feeling of comfort and security when it is worn.
The brand: New Balance has served its customers for long and is known to provide good support and comfort. This pair comes with a removable insole.
- The New Balance Fresh Foam 1080 is available in six shades.
- Lightweight shoes.
- The comfort level provided by these shoes is high.
- The upper fabrics are such designed and place that they hold the foot securely and wrap around snuggly.
- The toe box is roomy.
- The pair has the advantage of good grip.
- The pair might be too narrow or too wide for some.
- The high heel-to-toe drop is also considered as a negative factor.
Nike Free 5.0 v4
Nike has never failed to give the perfect fit and quality. The new Nike Free 5.0 v4 has a low profile. The pair ensures natural moment with proper feet support. The brand loyalty and the efficient features make the pair one of the best running shoes for supination.
- The reviewers have reported that the cushioning is springy and light.
- It is long lasting for regular use too.
- The pair stretches well to accommodate foot.
- The upper fabric is breathable ensuring cool and dry feet throughout the running.
- This running shoe provides efficient cushion and free moment to the feet and thus there is no pain or strain.
- It is also a flexible pair.
- The usual size which you buy might not be a perfect fit in case of Nike Free 5.0 v4.
- It is criticized for not having enough stability.
Mizuno Wave Rider 19
Mizuno Wave Rider 19 is the newest addition to the active footwear series of Mizuno Corporations. Wave rider 19 is appreciated for its diversity in functionality.
The pair has good cushioning to suffice supination. Mizuno has stuck to its tagline of “every stride matters” by designing Wave Rider 19 suitable for almost all the pronation types and this helps it to secure its position in one of the best shoes for supination.
- The most important feature is that the technology used in the shoes helps prevent aching since there is good arch support.
- The heels are designed to provide comfort and are soft too.
- EVA of the midsole is comfortable and lightweight.
- The rubber outsole makes the pair durable.
- The air mesh on top ensures breathability.
- The heel and tongue are such designed that they provide a firm grip.
- The laces are a bit long.
- It weighs a bit much then its competitors in the market.
- The upper sole might be a bit slippery due to soft sole and tongue.
Asics Gel – Cumulus 19
The Gel Cumulus is one of the best persisting series from the ASICS family. ASICS Gel – Cumulus 19 is a daily trainer and running shoes.
The shoe might be tough in the beginning but in a week’s run, the shoe develops a soft and enjoyable ride giving away its stiffness. The Cumulus has been favorited and reliable choice for every pronation type and is one of the shoes for running for supination sufferers.
- The shoe is available in multiple various attractive color schemes.
- It has an effective and unfailing cushioning system.
- The shoe provides constant comfort even when worn throughout the day.
- The ComforDry™ Sock Liner technology keeps the interior odor-free due to its antimicrobial properties.
- The midsole supportive mechanism helps in achieving smoother gait.
- The testers and reviewers reported that they felt no feet cramps and knee aches.
- The upper portion is not as durable as expected.
- Rubber outsole comes out after some time.
- Toe area can be a bit tight since its narrow.
Brooks Ghost 10
The Brooks Ghost 10 is a perfect trainer for every stride. The cushioning of the shoe is top class. The shoe hits almost all the marks when it comes to proper cushioning. The grip is also efficient thus the pair can be helpful on treadmills too.
The Omega Flex Groove is used for a consistent toe fit any moment. The stack height is low and thus gives a closer to the ground feel making it one of the most ideal shoes for supination runners.
- The pair is appreciated for the price point.
- Lightweight shoe.
- There is adapted DNA cushioning for a perfect fit and comfort.
- The toe room is excellent.
- The pair is such designed to reduce shock during the stride.
- The upper portion is quite in shape of the foot making the shoe comfortable even for the long runs.
- The pair fails in beauty matters.
- It has poor responsiveness.
- It is rigid in initial runs.
Saucony Cohesion 9
This edition of Saucony’s Cohesion is one of the best running shoes for supination due to its cushioning and affordability. The first impression of the pair is positive. The shoe is a great deal for both new as well as the experienced runners for any stride.
- The pair is lightweight.
- The shoe is a good deal at such price.
- It has a good toe box.
- The shoe has the feature of durability.
- The shoe is supportive.
- It has a breathable mesh.
- This pair is not suitable for high-mileage training.
One should never underestimate the importance of the best fit because a perfectly fitted pair helps you correct the problem of supination. A perfect pair will make your running experience pleasurable. The list of best running shoes for supination will help you decide the pair which will suit your needs the best. Hope this article benefits you.